Resources and Links

St. Louis County Land and Property
Permits, Variances and Zoning: Planning Department, 727-5000

Docks, Ramps, and Water Accessory Structures Permits

DNR permits may be required for shoreline projects related to boat ramps, docks, beach creation, dredging, stream/lakeshore stabilization, retaining walls, stream crossings, shoreline restoration, controlling nuisance aquatic plants, and more.

From Ordinary High Water Level Waterward: DNR, 888-646-6387
From Ordinary High Water Level Landward: St. Louis County Planning, 725-5000

Bird Watching
Birding in Minnesota
Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory
Laura Erickson's for the Birds
Minnesota's Ornithologists' Union

Northern Gardener
U of M Extension
My Northern Garden

Living with Wildlife
Bird feeding tips
Nuisance wildlife - squirrels, racoons, etc.

Shoreline restoration and protection (see Shoreline regulations for more information)
Restore Your Shore
Riprap Guide (PDF)

Sewage Treatment
St. Louis County Environmental Services: 725-5200